Tag League Referee Code of Conduct
- Apply the Laws of the Game fairly and impartially.
- On the field, be consistent, objective and respectful.
- Place the safety and welfare of the players above all else.
- Show appropriate caution and concern for injured players.
- Be pro-active to avoid situations of dangerous, unfair or foul play.
- Promptly deal with any demonstration of un-sportsman-like, foul or unfair play (enforce the “Spirit of the Game”).
- Encourage and enforce the philosophies of “Everyone Plays”, “Positive Coaching” and “Good Sportsmanship”.
- Acknowledge good play.
- Be accountable for your actions and decisions. Remain calm at all times.
- Acknowledge that you are a role model and behave accordingly by:
o Setting a good example by the way you dress (uniform), speak and act towards players, coaches, officials and spectators.
o Not inciting spectators to criticise the referee.
o Not disparaging a referees’ performance to players while acting as an assistant referee or being a spectator.
o Not discussing play, or players within the presence of players, coaches or others.
o Not behaving in a manner contrary to community standards and expectations.
o Avoiding any level of verbal contact with spectators, coaches during play.
o Demonstrating the highest standard of behaviour at the ground (whether present as an official or as a spectator).
- Treat fellow referees, players, officials and spectators with respect and courtesy.
- Maintain an appropriate level of fitness to keep up with the play.
- Maintain a personal commitment to have a thorough knowledge of the Laws of the Game and keep abreast of any changes.
- Always be punctual.
- Honour and accept assigned games and perform to your best ability at all times.