Facilitated Schools Sports Program
The Tag League Association has developed a program to assist schools in the facilitation of sport on weekly Sports Days.
- Suitable for Years 3 through 10, Boys & Girls.
- Run weekly on the same day and time as nominated by the school.
- Can be for single or multiple class groups, Year Groups or multiple year groups.
- Can be run at a school sports ground or other local sports venue.
- All equipment is provided, including Balls, Belts, Tags, Cones, etc.
- One or more qualified instructors facilitate the program, with a recommended ratio of 1 instructor for each 16 students.
- Drinking water and disposable cups are supplied along with Insect Repellent & Sun Screen.
- Instructors are First Aid Qualified and have First Aid Kits on hand.
- Instructors comply with and hold a current Certificate of Clearance under the "New Working with Children Check".
- Students are accompanied to the venue by teacher/s, no teacher participation is required.
- Each weekly session lasts 1 hour with the program usually running over 8-10 weeks.
- Each week new skills are introduced through fun drills, with the session concluding with a game of Tag League.
- Skills development includes;
- Field position
- Team work
- Avoiding Injury
- Sun Protection
- Proper Hydration
- Playing by the rules
- Accepting Referees decisions
- Playing in the Spirit of the Game
- For larger year groups, a competition draw can be developed for each week, with a winning team crowned at the end of the program.
- Provision is made for 2 wet weather days. If weather or ground conditions do not permit the program to be conducted in any given week, that week will be rescheduled later in the term.